2008-06-18

Video and conditional sentence

I didn't watch the videos that Angela and Virginia played in their class, cause I missed it. But I heard that it was great.

I did the video with Isabella, Giovanna and Flavio. We talked about what would we do if we were not in the language course. It is a conditional sentence. So, here is our lesson:

To make a conditional sentence, just put the auxiliary WOULD before the main verb in the sentence. The conditional tenses can be:

Simple
SUBJECT +WOULD + INFINITIVE without "TO"
Ex: I would study.

Continuous
SUBJECT + WOULD + BE = V-ING
Ex: I would be studying.

Perfect
SUBJECT + WOULD + HAVE + PAST PARTICIPLE
Ex: I would have studied.

The conditional tenses are used with other verb tenses, and the conjunction IF allows this relationship. If the verb in the sentence is in the simple present, the other verb will be on the present future.
Ex: If I can, I will study psicology.

With the conjunction IF, the other verb is in the past future.
Ex: If I could, I would study Law


.

No comments: